Monday, June 21, 2010
1 ¾ cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and rosemary
In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and egg
Stir wet ingredients into almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined
Roll the dough into a ball and press between 2 sheets of parchment paper to ⅛ inch thickness
Remove top piece of parchment paper
Transfer the bottom piece with rolled out dough onto baking sheet
Cut dough into 2-inch squares with a knife or pizza cutter
Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden
Let crackers cool on baking sheet for 30 minutes, then serve
Yield 24 crackers
*Recipe from Elana's Pantry. (She makes awesome almond everything!!)
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Friday, June 4, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
1/2 cup almonds
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Raw Pumpkin Cheesecake
Adapted from Andrea Kowalski’s Raw Cashew Cheesecake recipe published in the July/August issue of Vegetarian Times
2 cups almonds
¼ cup dates
¼ cup dried coconut
Raw Pumpkin Filling
1 ½ cup cashews
1 ¾ cup raw pureed pumpkin
6 T coconut oil
2 T lemon juice
¼ c + 2 T agave
2 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
- Soak cashews in cold water for four hours. Rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Pulse almonds and dates in a food processor until they have a sticky, crumby consistency.
- Sprinkle dried coconut in the bottom of an 8 inch pie dish.
- Press almond and date mixture into pan to create the crust and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into crust, smooth and freeze for several hours or until firm.
- Slice while frozen and allow to thaw before serving.