Raw Pumpkin Cheesecake
Adapted from Andrea Kowalski’s Raw Cashew Cheesecake recipe published in the July/August issue of Vegetarian Times
2 cups almonds
¼ cup dates
¼ cup dried coconut
Raw Pumpkin Filling
1 ½ cup cashews
1 ¾ cup raw pureed pumpkin
6 T coconut oil
2 T lemon juice
¼ c + 2 T agave
2 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
- Soak cashews in cold water for four hours. Rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Pulse almonds and dates in a food processor until they have a sticky, crumby consistency.
- Sprinkle dried coconut in the bottom of an 8 inch pie dish.
- Press almond and date mixture into pan to create the crust and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into crust, smooth and freeze for several hours or until firm.
- Slice while frozen and allow to thaw before serving.